In this post, we’re taking a break from our wardrobes and a”dressing” our faces. Get it?? 😉
Yes, we’re talking about my other love and passion besides clothes. Makeup!
Makeup has definitely become more popular over the years, especially with the rise of the Kardashians everyone and their sister and their cousin is a makeup artist who can contour and put on eyelashes.
However, finding the right makeup look for work is a different story than a set of huge lashes, severe contour, and a foundation 4 shades darker than your actual color.
It’s about subtlety and allowing your natural beauty to take center stage with the enhancement of makeup.
Some do’s for makeup at work!
- groom your eyebrows, (wax, tweeze, pluck)
- wear lip gloss or a neutral lip colour
- use lip balm
- use colours that suit you. (fair haired girls should stick to brown or grey liners to avoid looking too harsh, and darker haired girls can wear black liner)
- stick to neutral shades of browns, golds, greys.
- Focus on one area. (Eyes or lips, not both.) ex smoky eye with nude lip, or natural eye with red lip)
- Get a consultation at a makeup counter at a beauty department (Holt Renfrew, Nordstroms, Sephora)
- Invest in a few good tools. (eyelash curler and brushes)
Some great brands for makeup at work: Charlotte Tilbury, Bobbi Brown, Tarte.